The Confidential Adviser
Swing in Utrecht values great importance to the atmosphere and safety of its participants and guests during classes, workshops (weekends) and parties. During these events you can contact the teachers and / or organizers if there is an incident that makes you feel mistreated. In addition, Swing has a confidential adviser in Utrecht where you can tell your story and look at a follow-up step together with you.
The confidential adviser at Swing in Utrecht is Amber Rookus. Amber has her own practice for young people in personal development (including stress regulation) and career choices. She lives and works in Utrecht and has a private space at LOU, Oudenoord 330. From 2013 to 2017 she was active as a board member at SiU. Since 2018 she has been sporadically present at Swing events in Utrecht and surroundings.
As a confidant, Amber can support you with the following steps
- Taking care of the first reception of participant / guest who have been harassed and who need help and advice.
- Checking whether a solution in the informal atmosphere is possible.
- Inform the victim about other possible solutions, such as complaints procedures.
- Guiding, if desired, if the participant / guest wants to raise the matter with a complaints committee or the board of Swing in Utrecht.
- Referring to other relief agencies, for example a mediator.
- Providing information about the approach to undesirable behavior.
- Advising and supporting the board in preventing undesirable behavior.
- Registering cases of undesirable behavior.
You can contact Amber through mail or by phone at 0031641425636